Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Days 6 & 7!!

WHEW!  Over halfway done!  Eating will commence Wednesday night at dinner - my fast will be broken at church.  Scott is leading a new 8 week Bible Study and we always have dinner before.  Wednesday night I believe dinner will be homemade chicken pot pie!  YAY!  Bring it!  Although, I know I will need to pace myself and only eat a small portion since my body isn't used to solid food/protein/carbs/anything hot.  *lol*  But I'm SO excited!  :)

I don't have any pictures from yesterday or today.  I've been super lazy to be honest, despite the fact that I do have a lot of energy and feel pretty good (aside from being hungry ;) ).  Yesterday was pretty much the worst day ever - mentally.  We didn't really have time to make breakfast yesterday and Sunday morning is always a crazy rush to get the three of us ready.  So, for breakfast I had some leftover juice from the morning before and headed out the door with Bryan.  We get to church and there are tables set up in the lobby and fellowship hall for the 10am brunch that the church is having and we HAVE to stay for the 11am service to make an announcement.  *uuugggghhh* It was pretty tough standing and chatting with people as they ate and as everyone else around me ate - but I did it, without too much agony.  After church we headed to the apartment to pick up some food for Mr. Bryan, an extra change of clothes for him, and some "lunch & dinner" for me (& Scott if he chose to partake).  So, feeling like I was in serious need of some veg, I juiced up a TON of spinach, carrot, & apple - with like a 1/2 cup of watermelon.  It filled up my plastic jug about halfway with some green/brown nastiness.  (I actually hadn't tasted of it yet.)  Then we're on our merry way to the Grandparents' house to spend the day.  We walk in the door and I am engulfed in the sinfully delicious aroma of fried chicken.  BBBAAAHHH!!!  I looked in the kitchen and there it was, piled high on a platter in all its greasy glory...surrounded by all of its favorite sidekicks: mac n' cheese, mashed potatoes, and fluffy white biscuits.  I was so hungry I could have smacked someone.  I fled the scene as quick as possible trying to get out my nose's reach.  I ran to the garage to put my disgusting juice in the fridge - opened the door there only to be greeted by my old friends 2% milk and Dr. Pepper (I would have drank them both simultaneously at that point).  I then avoided the kitchen by way of the formal dining room and then into the tv room. I headed straight to the couch where I wanted to bury myself so far that I couldn't see where I was, in hopes that I would forget the chicken in the next room that was calling my name.  Anyway, I took about a 2 hour nap while everyone else ate.  After my nap I went into the kitchen where everything had been cleared *thankfully* and the chicken smell had cleared. :)  However, it's always tough at the in-laws' because you can guarantee that there is ALWAYS some sort of chocolate, dessert, or coke.  We stayed there until church that night at 6pm and I amazingly avoided ALL of the above!!!  One million points: ME.

Today's been easier, without all of the temptation around...but I am certainly still hungry.  PRAISE GOD that I am DONE on Wednesday at dinnertime!  WOOOHOO!  Today I've only eaten fruit though...I just can't bring myself to drink any more vegetables.  BLECH!!  I would much rather EAT veggies than drink them...I will GLADLY eat my vegetables now!

No comments: