Friday, January 20, 2012

And she juiced...

Well friends, I have decided that a "Mommy Reboot" is WAY overdue.  With the help of some random strangers who have inspired me to pay some serious attention to my weight, I have decided to take action.  For the last time...I ALREADY "know what [I'm] having:", because I HAD him 6 MONTHS AGO.  ;)  I recently watched the documentary, "Fat, Sick, & Nearly Dead" by Joe Cross and he also inspired me to do a 10 day juice fast.  SO, THIS MONDAY said juice fast will commence.  I am fasting along with my big brother. I have talked him into doing this with me for accountability and bonding.  haha

SO, I have been collecting recipes, fruit, and veggies to give a few a try so I can start off knowing at least what I love, like, and what I can stomach if I hold my nose.  The juice is supposed to be 80/20 (veggies/fruit)....eeeeeekkk...I AM NOT a veggie girl.  This could be brutal.  I'll do my best.

Anyway, I tried out my first recipe today, thanks to my dear friend Katrina.  She did the fast for 5 days and put some pretty good recipes on her blog.  So, here is my first attempt at juicing: Apple Pie Juice



YUMMMM-O!  Definitely didn't taste the carrot at all, the cinnamon & nutmeg made it SUPER yummy. One thing I'm going to have to try and get over with the whole juicing thing, is the big pile 'o froth that accumulates on the top.  Well, I drank the whole glass.  Here's to a start.

No comments: