Monday, November 5, 2007

A Change

So, this change occured in me on October 19th of this year...just a couple short weeks ago. A little something (nothing of great note) occured that just sparked a need for a change. Somewhere in that moment, the Lord awakened a new love inside of me. Never had I ever been one to read my Bible. Can you believe it? Yep...a missionary who didn't read the Word or have a daily prayer routine. Note...the word "missionary" does not always signify someone who had a deep, strict, discipline with the Lord. For this "missionary" it just meant that this gal loved the Lord and wanted to go where He wanted to send her and do what He wanted her to do. Like I said, the Lord awakened my discipline-less heart. I had always wanted to get into a routine of reading/studying the Bible, praying with some "umph!" and just being a little more disciplined all together...but for some reason I could never manage. I was complacent with my "doing doing doing giving giving giving" life. My heart wasn't satified though. From that day, my relationship with the Lord is like a completely new one. Each morning is dedicated to writing down my prayers, meditating on his Word, studying It, and really praying with gusto! I can't tell you what this has done for me. My attitude has changed...I don't get as irritable over silly things. I find so much more joy in my day because I'm filling it with the presence of the Lord. I even fill like my marriage is stronger and I'm becoming a better wife...which my loving husband deserves nothing but the best. Most importantly...me & the Lord...well, I can't find anything in this world that brings me more joy.

You are my Holiday.
You are right in the middle of me.
You are my Hideaway.
You are Home.

Calling out Your name.
Oh, my Holiday.
You make my heart new.
I love You.
What it is I'm trying to say
You are my favorite part of me.
(Shane Barnard)

God, You're so good to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great news Jackie. It is so great to have that daily intimacy with God, and get to know him better. Spiritual disciplines are so important if you want to really grow and have a closer walk with God. I can relate with you on this. Late May of this year, before I left for missions, God had placed a desire to know him better, and he began to reform me from the inside with these desires for his Word and prayer. "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you!" Psalm 119:11

I am glad you have come to a new phase of your journey with the Lord. It is such a joy to read, study, and know God's word. It is our guide book to life. Jesus is our source of life! Praise God!

In Christ,
Larry