Monday, January 21, 2008

Lots of goings-on...

So...hhhmmm not sure where to start? There has just been lots & lots going on recently. Let's start with something nice & simple! So...I got a hair cut! About a week or so ago Scott and I had a "date" day...very nice! We started out with a hair cut that took a LOT longer than expected! Apparently I have VERY VERY thick hair. So my hair has gone from this:To this:
I kinda miss it...my hair's never been that long before. :( Oh well...so after a haircut we went out to dinner at a fabulous Italian restaurant near us...AMAZING food!
After dinner we went to our friend Konrad's Karniwal (or Carnival) ball at our church. Here is a clip of buddy Konrad dancing with his dance crew. Konrad's the kid with long curly hair wearing the mask. :)

So, we only stayed at the ball for about an hour then we had a show to see! Our beloved British friend, Bev provided us with our "date day." She scored us some fantastic seats at a musical here and provided us with the funds for food that day! :) The show we went to see was called "Swing" The Duke Ellington Show. Minus a little unexpected culture shock, it was a spectacular show! Here's the add for it...just because I thought it would be neat for you to hear what a typical Polish advertisement sounds like. :) And the goofy guy with the trumpet...that guy is definitely in the show.





Okay...so that was a fun day! What next?....Hhhmmm...I do have a video clip from youth the other night. :) Scott had the kids doing some kind of goofy game where they had to work together..."Being the body of Christ" kinda game. Here are our kiddos. :)


So...here is where much of my time & prayer has gone recently...


To my Pops...he's just had a rough year, but a stubborn Stanley he is and he just kept on truckin'...all over Europe as a matter of fact! He just had his back surgery on Friday and everything went smooth as silk...save for the giant epidural they stuck him with. ;) We told him if we'd known they were going to do that, we'd prayed for that too. He's a trooper! At home recovering now. The surgeon said it was a miracle that he was walkin' with the shape that his back was in! Duh. We already knew that, didn't we? ;) The surgeon sent him home after surgery without rehab and without a back brace! Praise the Lord! It just kills me how people can witness these kinds of miracles and still not believe...kills me. Anyway, thanks to all you faithful folk who keep on prayin' for us. We love ya! :) (And yes...in the picture, my Dad is "reading" a newspaper in Czech.

On to the next event...Ladies' Potluck! YEAH!! Last week, I had invited all the ladies from the church over to my place for a Ladies' Potluck. Lauren & I did this in the hopes that we could just get to know some of the women in the church better. So, this past Saturday, I had 10 here in my little flat which was a splendid number...just right. They all brought TONS o' grub...mostly sweets. We ate Pickle soup (my favorite! REALLY!), lots of sweets, and played a games...these women go nuts over door prizes! ;) So, this is not all of them...but I wanted to tell you who these gals are because I adore them all and we all attend church together. This first pick is Ewa (a Polish gal in our church), Jennifer - Missionary from Lexington, and Victoria - Ukrainian teaching English at a Christian language school at First Baptist Church.

This next pic is of Becky & Gosia. Gosia is the mom of one of youth - Michal (they're the ones who make us Pierogi when we go to their flat!) Becky is British and she's also working as an English teacher in the Christian school at First Baptist Church. I LOVE this gal! She is adorable and she has the loveliest British accent! And she's funny! :)

Next, Gosia (again) with Bev. I just cannot explain to you how much I love British people. I ADORE them! They crack me up. Everything they say is either hysterically funny or it just sounds SO....proper! My precious Bev...I just love her.

I know this isn't the greatest quality picture...but I love these two Polish ladies as well. Ewa L. (the mother of our youth-Dawid) and Bogusia in the back (mother of our other youth-Mariusz). All of these women feel like family to us. :)

And lastly, here's me & my gal Lauren. I am so glad that she's here. :)

So, that was our Ladies' Potluck. The women had so much fun they want to keep doing it! Gosia even asked if we could do it again the next Saturday! We decided this should at least be a monthly thing! Next time, Bev's going to lead it (here at our place) but she's going to make it a Curry Fest! This chick loves Indian food. I'm pretty excited. :)

So, what's on the schedule now? Well, Andy came over today and helped us put together care packages for our students. We'll be giving them out in class tomorrow before their exam. Then, on Wednesday we'll be setting up our "Free Tea/Coffee/HC" stand which will be a big hit. I'm terribly excited! Please pray that I have the courage to actually share my faith with students when they say "Why are you all doing this?!?!" ;) It's bound to happen. I want to be spiritually & mentally ready to be bold. :)

1 comment:

Godsgal said...

ok- simply lovin' the vids- how neat!
and funny. =0)