Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Time is a flyin'...

It's been one quick and very busy summer. This is why I haven't written since...well, since I haven't written. Scott and I are in charge of summer teams when they come over in the summer. "In charge" meaning: planning their daily schedules, making sure they know how to get around, and making sure they're fed properly. This week we are in Olawa doing a "day camp" of sorts for English students here. I am responsible for breakfast, lunch, and dinner each day for 7 people. Whew! Matter of fact, I have to start lunch soon so I don't have much time to write. Anyway, I'm enjoying it. I love cooking and I love taking care of the team so it goes hand in hand. :) During the days while I'm here shopping for groceries and cooking the team leads games & activities from 1-3pm. At 6pm we have a 2 hour cafe each night where we play card games, Scott and Andy play some acoustic stuff, and then we watch a Nooma video. Last night was our first night and it went really well.

Scott and I had the opportunity to make friends with a guy who lives nearby and joined in on our cafe last night. He's in his 30s with two boys - 11 & 13 and his wife of 15 years is about to divorce him. We're hoping we get more chances this week to love on him a bit. So, keep him in your prayers...his name is Jurek (Yoorek).

Okay, time to get back to work!!

1 comment:

david santos said...

Great post, my friend, great post.
Happy day