Thursday, June 5, 2008

Prince Caspian

Last night we were able to go see Prince Caspian, the new Narnia movie. There are very few movies that move me the way the Narnia movies do. It was amazing. There's just something about the way they portray Aslan that really really gets to me. So, C.S. Lewis was a Christian when he wrote these books and it I feel like he hits the nail on the head with Aslan. It literally makes me speechless. When I see these films and Aslan comes on the screen I just automatically well up inside, I tear up, and I even get butterflies in my stomach. I feel as though it is this perfect image of the Lord. That's what my Lord is like. In The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe the comment is made, "He's not a tame lion, but he is good." Aaaah! Love it. In this second movie it's just perfect. Aslan has the ability to make [even the waves obey him], but his relationship with Lucy is like a loving Father to his child. It takes my breath away. Aaaaah!!! If you haven't seen it....go! And when you do...let me know what you think! Here's an international trailer.

No comments: