Thursday, August 20, 2009

An update :)

Last week was a SUPER fun week! Mom, Dad, & Shea came up to visit Thursday and stayed until Sunday. We took the Metra into the big city, took them to downtown Naperville, out to Giordano's to eat some Chicago style pizza, drove them all over Wheaton & neighboring suburbs, and had a blast! :) It was so much fun to have them up for the weekend. We think they liked it here too...we're expecting them to be frequent visitors. :)

Shelley & Kyle also stopped by for a couple of days - they came Sunday and stayed until Tuesday. It was so great to have them here - I'm really missing my girls. We went to the Harry Potter Exhibition at the Science & Industry Museum - WAY COOL :) They had TONS of props from the movie...including the Weasley's Flying Ford.


And probably the highlight of Scott's week - they took us to a White Sox game and we won!! WOOHOO! It rained off and on, but all in all we had a great time. :) And yes...Shelley and I are basically wearing fancy garbage bags that say "Sox" on them. *lol*


So yesterday was a day to get some things done. I picked up mine & Scott's books. I'm pretty pumped about it, but pretty nervous as well. Not sure what I've gotten myself into. I haven't been in school in 5 years and this time I think it's going to be a bit more demanding...from the looks of it. These are just my first semester books! Except the giant DSM - it's a basic reference book for Psychologists/Psychiatrists/Couselors...it has just about every disorder you an think of...and lots you didn't know existed in it. Anyway...classes start....um..next week? Yikes. I am excited....I am excited...I am excited...*must keep repeating*


What else is going on? Well, I'm going to buy a Wii Fit today - good times! WAY excited about that. AND I'm going to start taking Zumba classes today. I have definintely gained some weights since moving...well since moving back from Poland. I decided yesterday that something must be done. So, I'm drinking more water, I'm going to TRY to drink less Cokes *I'm super addicted*, and I'm NOT going to keep chocolate ice cream in the fridge. NOT going to do it. I really need to buy new clothes because several of mine do not fit me anymore...SO I decided I won't buy new clothes until I need to buy SMALLER sizes and not bigger ones. No new clothes for me for a while...maybe that'll be motivation. :) I know I'm not super overweight, but I was very healthy and pretty fit when we moved home and I FELT much much better. Gotta get back to that. My plan is to turn over a productive leaf today. I'll let you know how that goes! :)






No comments: