Wednesday, December 18, 2013

I'm Still Into You

Of all the good things in my life...all the things I dreamed that I wanted as a little girl, all the things I hoped that I would have in my adult life, all of the relationships that I have made, all the things I've done, places I've been, people I've met - (boyfriends I've had ;) )...YOU ARE my favorite.
I never could have dreamt up the life that we would have together.  Saying that, you know that I don't say it in a "dreamy, fairytale, picturesque...everything is always perfect" kind of way...but in a way that is representative of this beautiful, raw, imperfect life that we have made together.  You are my best friend and will always be my best friend...
Look at this amazing life together that we have been given.  I could not be more completely in love with one person.  

There have been countless moments where we have hurt one another...times where we felt as though we might not make it - I have never - for one moment - stopped loving you and I know that you have never stopped loving me.  In those moments...I hold on to the truth of how crazy in love with you that I am...




Marrying you, I knew that our big God was going to have big things in store for us.  



I knew that marrying you would be one of the best decisions that I ever made.

I didn't expect some of the challenges...but those challenges have made us better people.  I knew that marrying you, would make me a better person.

I knew that marrying you, I would have someone to hold me and help me when life would get tough...and life has gotten tough for both of us...
 
I knew that by marrying you, I would be investing wisely in the lives of my future children...giving them an earthly father that would love them beyond compare...




I love the way you love your boys.  I knew that you would be so in love with them...


I had imagined that one day, I would love watching you play with our children...but I never dreamed it would be this beautiful...



I had no idea how beautifully imperfect our lives would be...but it is the best life I could ever imagine this side of Heaven.  You give me a reason to be so thankful every morning when I wake up beside you.  I would marry you ten times over.  

Today we have been married for 8 years.  I still get butterflies looking across the room at you.  I love your passion for life and I love to watch you do things that you're passionate about - I am so proud to call you my husband.   Sometimes at night when I remember to pray, I am brought to tears with the amount of love that I have for you.  I think you are the sexiest man alive and I fall in love with you more every day.  These have been the best 8 years of my life.  


After all this time, I'm still into you...

Can't count the years on one hand
That we've been together
I need the other one to hold you
Make you feel, make you feel better

It's not a walk in the park
To love each other
But when our fingers interlock,
Can't deny, can't deny you're worth it
'Cause after all this time I'm still into you

I should be over all the butterflies
But I'm into you (I'm into you)
And baby even on our worst nights
I'm into you (I'm into you)

Let 'em wonder how we got this far
'Cause I don't really need to wonder at all
Yeah, after all this time I'm still into you






No comments: